You are here :  Home page   >   Studies and Admissions   >   Student exchanges

Student exchanges

My application in 6 steps

At my home university

  1. I check with the International office from my home university if there is a student exchange agreement with the University of Strasbourg in my field of study and I check the admission requirements

  2. I contact the responsible for international exchanges in my field of studies in order to establish a learning agreement and apply for pre-selection at my home university

  3. If my application has been pre-selected, my home university nominates me officially to the University of Strasbourg.
    The University of Strasbourg will send the online application link to the international office of my home university

At the University of Strasbourg

  1. I apply online through the link I have received by email and I print the PDF application form

  2. I sign it and have it signed by the international office of my home university

  3. I join the required documents and send my full application by email to the concerned contact


Applications for 2012-2013 are now closed.

Applications for 2013-2014 will be available from February 2013 onward.

For :

Deadlines for online application

Deadlines for receiving the applications at University of Strasbourg

1st semester or Full Academic Year

2nd semester

1st semester or Full Academic Year


31st May 2013

31st October 2013

14th June 2013

Other faculties
(ERASMUS only)

15th May 2013

31th October 2013

1st June 2013

Other faculties

07th May 2013

24th September 2013

13th May 2013

If your application is accepted by the University of Strasbourg, please do not forget to register at your home university for the academic year 2013-2014 before leaving.


B1 Level in French is required for studying as exchange student at the University of Strasbourg. For more information about the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, please visit the CampusFrance page.

Preparing my arrival in Strasbourg

Residence permit for non-European students

Students from other countries than European Union and European Economic Area countries who are staying in France for more than 3 months will get a “Long Séjour valant Titre de Séjour” visa. Within 3 months after your arrival in France, you will have to go to the OFII (French office for Immigration and Integration). For more information, please see the OFII website.

Improve my French language skills

For foreign students who wish to improve their French, the University of Strasbourg proposes different language resource centres:


International Office

  • Students from the European Union, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Croatia, Estonia, Georgia, Ungary, Kazakhstan, Kirghizistan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Ouzbekistan, Czech Republic, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukrain, Armenia, Azerbaïdjan, Albania, Bulgaria, Moldavia, Poland, Romania:
  • Students from other countries:

Within the faculties